Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vacay on a May Day!

My Hubs and I have been talking for a while now (I know so incredible...) :), about possibly giving ourselves a very much needed break. We've been chugging through this China adoption process for a very long time now. I know it is hard for all of us, but when Lyssie Lou isn't here, it's hard for me to keep my mind off when Emma is going to come, how much longer etc., etc.

We've not only been dealing with that stress, but our family has recently undergone a big big change. We have been involved with a custody situation with Lyssie Lou and everything is pretty much settled down just recently. We've had a few health problems arise...and this economy is really a downer.

We haven't had much time spent together and last year on our 5 year anniversary we were not able to do anything or go anywhere because of many different things going on. Well, we finally decided that we need a break. Badly. We figured that we pay into our budget for vacations so we are darn well going to use that budget to go somewhere relaxing.

Looks like the Hubs and I will be going someplace warm and relaxing in the very near future. Yay...Yay...Yay...Yay...Yay...Yay...Yay...I'm just a little excited.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Wonderful!!! You guys definitely deserve it!!

Briana's Mom said...

That sounds wonderful! Sounds like you really need this! Yay!

Sheri Wojtasek said...

I think it sounds like just the RX to help an overstressed time! I hope along with warm & relaxing it is also tropicl and sandy! :o) I didn't know you have been going through custody battles. :o( I hope it worked out to your benefit!

Jennie said...

You'll have to run your toes through the sand for me!!

rwphillipsfamily said...

where will you be going?? like the way the phillips are,, can we invite ourselves.. tee hee..JK JK JK JK
enjoy the much needed vacation! whoo!

Lisa~~ said...

Sounds like it's just what you need. So where are you headed?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the very best of ideas!!!

(My husband and I and our kids are going to go camping with my best friend, her husband and our pups (litter-mates) in three weeks...I'm counting down the days!

Hope you guys have an absolute blast on your vacation!!!

Catherine said...

Yay...a vacay!! Enjoy!