Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life is bittersweet...what lessons do we learn from it?

As I feel like I am on the cusp of a new life with my husband and bringing our Emma home, I am anxious, happy, giddy, impatient and very excited. I know we will probably wait at least another year but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is very satisfying to feel that.
What about the opposite side of this coin? My SIL lost her sweet boy in December and although outwardly she looks fine...I wonder how she is inside. She was an excellent example to us of strength and unwavering faith. I am now following a blog that has touched my heart deeply. It is Gracie's Blog she is a little baby that has HLHS (hypoplastic left heart syndrome). Her sweet and valiant mother and father said goodbye to her this morning and what a heart wrenching beautiful bittersweet thing it was. I hope you all take some time to look at this blog and see what one little girl did for so many people in just under one year.
People that overcome the odds (sometimes not by beating them, but by choosing how to live) are my greatest hero's.
Goodbye Gracie Gledhill
My life has been touched by yours.

3 comments:

Sheri Wojtasek said...

Thanks for the special post! I read Gracie's blog...WOW that was a story! She is truly a special spirit that was needed elsewhere...I pray for peace for her family.

Andrea said...

What a sad story. I am amazed at all her family went through. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Stacie said...

Oh man I read her story today and was very touching.... my heart goes out to her family.