Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Manta Rays, Pioneer Poo*p and FHE

So Yesterday was a very busy day for me. My sis Karen called and asked if I wanted to go with her and her 3 kids to the Living Aquarium for a few hours yesterday. I said sure and off we went. It was a pretty cool place for being kinda small. We saw poisonus frogs, jelly fish, star fish, coral...Nemo...(clown fish), a lobster, alligator, a Anaconda (snake), white tipped reef shark (very small) and Manta Rays. The hit was definitely the Manta Rays all the kids, even Avery wanted to touch them. Dylan had no fear and touched them easily. Haley really wanted to touch them but was really scared. I helped her and slowly but surely she was able to feel the smooth Ray a few times. After touching them, we all smelled fishy and yucky. By the time that was over Avery was done and wanted food and bed. We all stopped for some Chicky Nuggies and everyone was happy.


After picking Lyssie Lou up at school we came home and I began to make Shepherd's Pie. Well when Lyssie was young her Uncle Steve didn't like Shepherd's pie and he called it "Pioneer Poo*p". Guess who picked up on that so much so that we don't even call it Shepherd's Pie any more.


When dinner was over, we had Family Home Evening, FHE, or Family Homely as we call it. It was a good lesson and Lyssie Lou actually paid pretty close attention which is something to smile about when they are at these ages. We had a Family Homely game and all was well.

That's the story of yesterday!!!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Haha. My kids would pick up on that pioneer poop really quick! We actually had a really nice FHE last night too. Must have been something in the air.

Andrea said...

Isn't the aquarium interesting! I love the pioneer poop!! I think I will have to use that. Miss you lots!

Sheri Wojtasek said...

I haven't had "pioneer poop" in a long long time! I haven't been to the aquarium yet....well at least at this location I did go when it was at Gateway.

The Brown Family said...

Your shepherd's pie looks so yummy! Thanks for the dinner idea. I get stuck in ruts where it seems like I make the same thing over and over.

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I love to read what you have to say.

Love
Kim

Crazycozartclan said...

The Aquarium was fun! Thanks for coming with. It's always better with another set of eyes and hands.