Thursday, February 12, 2009

The V-day posts continue...

First of all we had a very excited day in our family today. Lyssie Lou (age 11) had her first Valentines Day dance. She said she had such a great time, she had fun with all her dance card partners and luck of all luck she got to dance with the cute boy she has a crush on. We didn't want to be the "overzealous parents" so we sent her off to the dance with her own camera to take pictures as she liked. She was darling in the dress she and her mom picked out, and she was extremely happy the way her hair turned out...(thank goodness as this job was mine this time)!!! We will post her fun pictures as soon as they come back from the developer.


Second of all, my sis tagged me for a Husband Post...so here it goes:


  • Where did you meet your husband? Believe it or not we actually met on one of those online dating services. He was my dinner date for that night (I actually had a lunch date on the same day). When I got home that night my sister asked me "So who did you like better?" I was dead tired so I said "I can't remember his name, but I liked the dinner date much better than the lunch date." It's all history after that.

  • How long did you date before you got married? We started talking online in January, met in early February by April we were engaged and married in August. Crazy fast!!

  • How long have you been married? It will be 6 yrs this August.

  • What does he do that surprises you? He sends me flowers (but not a bunch of roses, all the other flowers that are exotic and not found in many bouquets. He surprises me with special things that touch my heart, like taking me to get a birthday card and flowers to place on my mom's headstone for her birthday. He tries to cook dinner for me and will get up at any hour of the night to make me a snack...happily (can you believe that? It's true)!

  • What is your favorite feature of his? I love his beautiful blue eyes, fantastic smile and honest heart. I love that our hands fit perfectly together. I honestly can't pick just one.

  • What is his best quality? For me his best quality is his total and complete unconditional love for me. It doesn't matter if I snap at him, get angry with him or get frustrated with him. He still loves me for who I am the good and the bad and I know that without any shadow of a doubt.

  • Does he have a nickname for you? He has all sorts of pet names for me, including Suze, Honey, Babe, Mamacitachulavista etc...

  • What is his favorite food? He is the sort of man who will eat just about anything and enjoy it. He prides himself on eating chocolate covered ants, squid, pate' and escargot among other things. I would guess his favorite meal would be a big juicy steak that has no need of any sort of seasoning whatsoever.

  • What is his favorite sport? Now this depends on what you would consider sport. He likes to run cross-country and swim. In my opinion (which I know is very limited) golf is not much of a sport, but I can accept it if we can also call racing cars a sport. With this in mind his absolute hands down favorite is a good rock-crawling outing in his beefed up CJ Jeep.


  • Do you have any children? He has a daughter, Lyssie Lou from a previous marriage and we enjoy her company and love her very much. Together we are adopting Emma from China.

  • Does he have any hidden talents? Many talents a lot of people don't know about. He is such a great intellect. We love having conversations together about so many different things. He has a vision when it comes to building Jeep's and rock-crawling vehicles. He suggests the best things to his friends when it comes to this. He is a fantastic descriptive writer and that is also the first thing that drew me to him. He has a few more talents that I'm not going to talk about on my PG-rated blog...wink wink.

  • How old is he? He is actually 3 1/2 months younger than me and graduated a year later in school than I. Yep girls I robbed the cradle and proud of it. He's 35 and holding.

  • Who said "I love you" first? He actually did, but my heart was so feelin' it too.

  • What do you admire most about him? His continued dedication to be a part of his daughter's life throughout his divorce and since then. The sweet way he cares about her and does his absolute best for her and me.

  • What is his favorite color? Hands down the rust color of orange!! Crazy I know.

  • Will he read this? I will make sure he does.

  • Who will you tag? Anyone who wants to participate...this is your chance.

Scott, I love you with all my heart! I'm so glad I'm yours and you're mine for the rest of our lives and throughout the eternities. You are my rock, my support, my love, my heart and my life. Thank you for filling the hole in my life and making me feel complete in this world!!


I LOVE YOU!


0 comments: