Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My sweet sweet love affair...

I have a problem...that I am fully willing to admit. Here is the break down. I used to be a very light sleeper. I had the bedroom directly underneath my mother's. As her illness progressed, I slowly began to sleep lighter and lighter as I listened for any distress calls coming from the room above. It just happened. My body adapted to hear these things much like a mother hears her baby cry.
Over the past few years my body has slowly gone back to normal. In fact...when I sleep now I sleep quite heavily. I was reminded today by my dear sweet husband, of the "sleep talking" I did with him last night. Since I used to be a very light sleeper I never, ever make sounds myself. I do not snore, wheeze, chuffle, breathe loudly or make any noise of any sort. If I did, it would wake me up. Apparently last night my husband (who sometimes snores) was doing so. I got upset and asked him to stop. I guess he didn't. I'm sure I asked him very nicely again to roll over or something and then the dog made me mad. In this dream state I apparently ended up kicking my beloved and the dog off the bed and out the door.
This morning when I talked with him, he told me the details of my scolding. I don't remember a thing. Not one thing. I hope my man and the dog can learn to love this "other part" of me, and maybe someday these "sweet scoldings" will turn into "sweet nothings" instead.
Love ya Hon.

1 comments:

Stacie said...

That's funny... I sleep talk to Ry all the time!