Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Eve of Easter Sunday

This night as I contemplate the death and resurrection of my Savior Jesus Christ, my heart and mind are overflowing. I feel like I may fail miserably by trying to put into words how much this event directs my life. His sacrifice and Atonement gives me the greatest and brightest hope. As I think about Him, I cry to think of the pain I personally added to His burden. I cry when I think of how the Father felt as He withdrew from His son. I shed tears of joy for He overcame death and was resurrected.

Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of my soul. I am eternally thankful for Him.

"As that sun rose upon that first Easter day, the world was never to be the same again. All things that had been created and were to be created would now live forever through this gift, unconditionally given.

What sweet hope this gives us today, that we can all live again, and live eternally, if we will but submit our will to Him who descended below all things that He might rise above all things.

How sweet the joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer lives." -- Simon Dewey


-He Lives-

I am the resurrection and the life:

he that believeth in me,

though he were dead, yet shall

he live: and whosoever liveth

and believeth in me shall never die.


- John 11:25-26


I cannot put my feelings into words. Jesus is my Savior, my light, my compass, my brother and my friend.


0 comments: