Friday, September 26, 2008

It's a Fright!!!

Okay I don't know if I have ever done this before on my blog, so here it goes...actually I'm quite nervous to do it because I don't know if I'll enjoy the results. (Blowing my breath out now) I'm going to post how many more days until my referral date. I know I may be a bit premature doing this, but a lot of friends are posting theirs because they are getting closer to their referrals.

I posted my LID anniversary's before and kind of got bored with doing that, but if any of you out there are interested we are coming up on our 26th LID anniversary on October 11th. For those that don't understand China adoption talk that means our dossier has be in China for 26 months now.

Here is what I've dreaded...there are officially 183 more days until our referral. That is actual days weekends and holiday's included. I just find it so much easier to not worry about certain days getting a certain number of referrals. I just take the total amount of referrals from the 183 days left before our referral. Typically the CCAA refers 5,6,7,9 and once in a blue moon 12 days of referrals. Here are my scary numbers:

Actually I just tried to work out all the numbers and I was getting answers I just can't deal with right now suggesting at worst referral in 2011. I just need to think positively, not worry about numbers. Concentrate on hope, attrition rates and pray for my little one to get here as soon as possible. I never in my wildest dreams thought that we would have been still waiting at this point in time. I think Lyssie Lou who was almost nine when we started this and now is 11, has given up hope of ever "actually" having a little sister.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I have been doing this for a while now, I am at 217. I try not to look at the big picture, just at the days that pass. I HATE the thought it won't be until 2012 or later. I can't/won't believe it! Fingers and toes crossed, it will get better!

Lisa and Tate said...

It will get better! Let's try to do lunch soon!

Stacie said...

If possible try not to focus on the length of time....I would suggest spending as much time with friends and family and doing hobbies so that the days and time will fly by and be fantastic at the same time. :)