Friday, September 5, 2008

A GREAT flick!!

I'm not sure whether guys would like this show, but I loved it. Rented "August Rush" tonight and it just made me cry. I'm not sure if I'm just a bawl baby, a wimp or just emotionally exhausted. I thought it was just an excellent movie. Oh well it doesn't really matter anyway. I just wanted to recommend it to people who haven't seen it.

On another note, Scott and I cleaned out our soft sided swimming pool. Talk about disgusting! We turned the filter off a few weeks ago when the interest in it started dwindling and since that time the bottom turned an ugly shade of green-brown. I don't want to know what that stuff was other than algae, but there were GIANT dead bugs of all kind. Huge bumblebees, dragonflies, water skeeters, grasshoppers and who knows what else inhabited that water. Ewwww. Needless to say I am not going to be happy about putting that up next year for the kiddo. Maybe she won't remember next summer...yeah right. Scott came in the house with an outline on his leg of green goo. Yes gross I know.

I just found out that some local China waiting mom's are getting together soon for lunch. I can't wait to see everyone and catch up. I hope a lot of people show up. It should be soooo fun.
I'm off to bed as it's midnight and I'm having to think twice about what I'm saying and writing.

5 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

I loved August Rush!!! So good! I am not sure how large of a crowd we will have, but it will be fun to chat.

Lisa

Catherine said...

I haven't seen 'August Rush' but if you and Lisa both enjoyed it I'd better put it on my 'movies to rent' list.

The Brown Family said...

Susie, I'm so glad that you caught up with us again! We are at Nolan park faithfully each Saturday at 10:00 for soccer games and stay until well after noon! If you have time one Sat come and find us, we're easy to spot!

August Rush was the film playing over and over on our flight to adopt Kai in March, so you know that I cried, too probably for all the reasons you listed!

Kim

Crazycozartclan said...

Yummy pool goo! I guess that how ya know when summer is over. Goo starts growing on the bottom of you pool. : )

Stacie said...

Your pool goo does sound gross. Hey at least you guys had a way to monitor your summer... the summer didn't really show up at our house. We just worked on the stinking house the entire time except for all of the quadrillion family functions/reunions we went to. Now it's time for Halloween. HOORAY!