Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It has been over a month since I have written anything here. This wasn't really intentional, but I didn't feel that I had anything important to write about. Nothing significant except the daily routine. Now...my head is filled with thoughts and I don't think I'll be able to accurately put them into words.

The Christmas season is a wonderful time of year for me. It is my favorite holiday. This is not because I am excited for my own gifts. I feel the Spirit of the Lord so strongly this time of year. I love thinking about perfect gifts for others. I love to pick angels off the angel tree. I wish I could help in some way the people that we all know are out there suffering.

I haven't really discussed my spiritual beliefs before on this blog, but I will say a bit now. I know that God lives and loves each one of us individually. I know there is life after death. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ bled from every pore in the Garden so that we can return to Him once again. I know that children are a gift from God. I can't wait until I am able to hold Emma in my arms and feel that everlasting love for her.

My nephew William Theodore was born December 9, 2008 at 7:59 pm. His sweet little body was perfect. He had long slender fingers, blond eyelashes and perfectly formed toenails. His spirit returned to Heavenly Father a few hours before. As I saw his mother smile and kiss his head the tears flowed freely because it was such a tender moment. I felt an overwhelming calm and peace because William will be with his family again. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16). Through the plan of salvation, families can be together forever. We are so very blessed by the Savior's gift to us.

William's Mother and Father are very proud of their son and they can't wait to see him again. Neither can I.

4 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

The loss of a little one is bitter sweet. So sad you family will not know William on this earth, but sweet to know that his mission on this earth has been fulfilled and he will be waiting for everyone on the other side.

Prayers for all on this bittersweet loss.

Lisa

Briana's Mom said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew. I am saying prayers for you and your whole family.

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss of your precious nephew.

Praying for all of you.

awindowsillview said...

loved everything you said...tears are coming all over again. Sure loved getting to know you on a different level and for something and someone so significant to bring everyone together at this time of year is such a gift.