Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vegas, colds and belly button problems...

Not much has been goin' on around here so I thought I'd post about the latest EXCITING things that have happening.
First I went to Vegas with a great friend who's husband is about to deploy to Afghanistan. They have conferences to help the soldiers and their families learn about and cope with deployment. It seemed good for her to get some information that would help her and her husband cope with the stresses that come along for active military personnel.
Second, I've had a stupid stupid cold for almost two weeks now that seriously inhibited my fun having ability while in Vegas. Also, we remembered 9/11 in front of the NY NY hotel and it was moving but at the same time difficult for my friend to watch knowing her hubby is leaving. -Hugs- friend...you are an example to me.
Third, the dumbest of all things happened to me yesterday. Whilst making a quick swipe with the q-tip in the belly button for cleaning, the top of the q-tip broke off inside my belly button. I tried and tried to get the stupid cotton out, but to no avail. Now my belly button is red and sore and I just hope that this will not eventually involve any of the medical community.

4 comments:

Sheri Wojtasek said...

Oh no! I hope it "pops" out on its own! That would be embarassing to go to the Dr. and say "I have a Q-tip tip stuck in my belly button" ;o) I am glad you were able to go with "A" to Vegas...I'm sure it was easier for her to share it with a dear friend!

Jennie said...

Poor belly button. I just started a cold and hope it doesn't last that long!

Andrea said...

The cold really sucks! Glad you were there to share it all with me. Next time we go, hopefully it will be for fun, and we aren't sick!

Crazycozartclan said...

You clean your bellybutton with a q-tip????!!! I can see why you never told me this before (can you hear me laughing from here?) See ya tommorrow.