Friday, January 15, 2010

Back to the Future

I think it was a mix of being overwhelmed, being tired and a bit of nothing to say that has kept me from posting for a while. I read your blogs while I was on hiatus and as usual was entertained, so thanks for that.

I have had to make myself numb over the past year in dealing with the adoption. I just couldn't think about it or dwell on it anymore. I don't think we were mistaken when Heavenly Father let us know that our little girl was halfway across the world, and since I know that...I wait.

So moving on, 2009 was kind of a tough year for us, but we have high hopes for 2010. Since I need more than to just sit around at home waiting for the kidlet to come home...I have found myself a new job. It happened suddenly, but I felt it was the right fit. It is exactly where I want to be, in Oncology research helping people on clinical trials receive the best treatment regimens that are available. I love this area of work. Most of the patients I deal with have angel hearts and I learn much more from them than I could ever give back.

Anywho, just an update from our camp. We are hopeful, happy and excited to see our LID getting closer. I hope you all are well and happy too!

11 comments:

Jennie said...

It's good to see you post again. I was just thinking about you this week. Hope the new job continues to be great!

The Brown Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are working and loving it. I think of you all the time...daily- as I pass your house :) But I'm such a bad friend to not stop over and just hope for another chance meeting at the store. Yuck! I'll do better!

I'll let you know about CNY. We would love to have you come.

Love
Kim

Lisa~~ said...

Congrats on the new job, it will keep you busy and help pass your days. I hope that 2010 will be a wonderful year for you and your family. Can't wait to see you this summer.

Lisa and Tate said...

Thanks for the update!! Cool about the job! Soon will CNY.. hope to see you then!

Hugs
Lisa and Tate

Andrea said...

glad to see you update, you are awesome! Thanks for always being there when I have needed you, especially when I am not being a nice person!

Angela said...

I have been on a blogging hiatus also. Did you go to school in the medical field? That does sound like a great job. I want to work somewhere that I feel "useful" and making a change in peoples lives too. I'm currently cleaning a credit union and title company in the evenings but the employees pretty much take the cleanliness for granted..or find things to nit pick about!
The Chinese are very much into numbers and I thing 2010 seems like an awesome year so here's hoping you get your daughter!

Special K said...

I'm right there with ya. Just can't find it in me to get back to the blog just yet.... for all the reasons you said.

Congrats on the new job! May 2010 be much better for us all... :)

Susie said...

Angie - Yes I went to school. I started out as an x-ray tech and went back for my bachelor's in health admin/health promotion. I LOVE my job! Thanks for the encouragement for 2010! We need to get together sometime. Seriously!!

Sheri Wojtasek said...

Congrats on the job!!! And what a special thing to do!!! It hits home with me! HUGS!

P.S. I am glad to see you back to blogging too!

M3 said...

Wow, sounds like an incredible job! Congratulations, and bring on the new year!

Tonya said...

When is your LID? Ours is 8/10/06 and we are still waiting too. 2009 was a tough year, but things are looking up! I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones still waiting (sometimes it feels that way).

Take Care,
Tonya